What Benefits Can a Woman Have from the O-Shot®?
- Decreased or completely resolved pain during sex (known as dyspareunia)
- Increased ability to have vaginal orgasms
- Greater arousal from clitoral stimulation
- A tighter vaginal canal (if felt to be too loose prior)
- A more elastic vaginal canal (if felt to be too tight prior, usually after menopause)
- Younger, smoother skin externally (lips of the vagina)
- Decreased or resolved overactive bladder and/or urinary incontinence
- Stronger and more frequent orgasms
- Increased vaginal lubrication
The growth factors & proteins released by the high concentration of platelets in PRP, in turn, activate stem cells and stimulate cellular repair and regeneration wherever they are applied in the body. In addition, collagen production and the formation of new blood vessels occurs and further aids in tissue repair.
How Is the PRP for the O-Shot® Acquired?
A small amount of blood is drawn in the office at the time of the procedure. Your blood is then spun in a specially designed centrifuge which separates the platelets and plasma from the rest of the blood. The platelets are isolated and then injected back into the body wherever their benefits are needed. Since a numbing cream is applied to the skin long before the injection, there is no pain during the procedure.
How Long Does the O-Shot® Procedure Take to Perform?
The O-Shot® is performed in our office. It should take about 60 minutes from start to finish but we do usually allow a little extra time. You may drive yourself home after the procedure.
Is There Anything Else That I Will Need to Do After the O-Shot®?
Yes. Using an Apex M or Intensity pelvic floor muscle stimulation device is vital for achieving optimal success from the procedure. This is usually done twice daily. It requires only a few minutes of your time and without it, success rates are usually lower. We will walk you through it the first time.
When Can I Resume Sexual Activity After the O-Shot®?
You may resume sexual activity about 4 hours after the procedure on the same day. An increase in sexual response can be seen within days of the procedure.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of the O-Shot®?
Since PRP is extracted from your own blood, there are few and only minor potential side effects. These include minor bleeding or bruising, swelling, and very rarely infection.