“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and no too much, we would have found the safest way to health”.
“Leave your drugs in the chemist’s pot if you can heal the patient with food”.
Excess weight can negatively impact our health as it can give rise to chronic disease and promote inflammation in our bodies. It can also affect our gut microbiome and eventually inhibiting the normal functioning of our microbiome. Poor diets eventually promote the development of toxins, turn off good genes, and, suppress our immune system. Excess weight can also affect our hormones, increase cortisol levels, metabolic markers of inflammation, ghrelin, leptin, and insulin resistance, also, chronic stress can increase visceral fat, cause difficulty sleeping, weakening muscles, weakening bones and decreased cognitive functioning.
We want to focus on low glycemic index eating, body composition, providing education, and supplementation when needed.
- Paying attention to nutrient absorption, delivery, metabolism, elimination, and function
- Healing the gut
- Paying attention to the environment as it plays a role in decisions made for good health
- Increased focus on a healthy diet and lifestyle
- Giving close attention to risks for certain health conditions as well as a diagnosed chronic disease
- Focus on prevention of diseases
- Decrease morbidity and premature mortality
- Providing an understanding of the mechanisms involved in disease susceptibility
- Promoting cardiovascular health
- Help maintain blood sugar levels
- Assisting body fat shrinkage
- Improving total energy levels
- Promoting anti-inflammation
- Provide information on Hormone and immune balance
- Perform functional lab work (liver, gonads, hypothalamus, thyroid)
- Provide intensive counseling
- Provide information on physical therapy/fitness
- Aid in behavioral modification
- Giving patients the flexibility to choose from various diet plans (Keto, paleo, intermittent fasting, vegan, plant-based)
- Providing tips on better sleep and stress management
- Each patient will get their own individualized plan
- Focusing on the quality of calories, counseling patients on energy in and energy out
- Accountability through one on one or group contact
- Diet plan will start with foods that impact the gut as most of the digestion is done by microbes. The gut microbiome is responsible for the synthesis of anti-inflammatory compounds, pain-relieving compounds, antioxidants, vitamin K and B vitamins, and help with detoxification.